Barb Reilly from Arnold Worldwide came to speak at Newhouse yesterday and she said a lot of things that I feel like I really needed to hear. She talked a bit about corporate responsibility vs. social responsibility and I outlined a few of the points she made.
1. Find your voice.
2. Don’t forget that people are more important than technology.
3. Don’t judge. Everyone’s important so treat them that way.
4. Don’t say “I’m a people person” in your interview.
Barb says she can tell right away whether you are a people person or not so there’s no need to say it.
5. Use your gut.
6. Make everyone decision as if it were your money or as if it will make your career.
7. Go to work to be great person, not a great marketer.
8. Find what’s important to you and do it.
Aw, bad times. The new CMO of Avis has decided that the company needs a break from trying so hard all the time. They have changed the tagline was first created by DDB copywriter Paula Green 50 years-ago. ‘We Try Harder’ went on to define the brand and became an iconic campaign that every ad student, ever, studies at some point.
The new tagline is ‘It’s Your Space’ and the company is now targeting businessy folk that do business type things.